3DCoat Forums

How do I extrude without a bevel?

3DNut

I am trying to figure out how to Extrude with the Rectangle Lasso in the Sculpt Room and control the bevel amount. I am going to be insetting some skinny rectangles on some pillars and then sculpt in some relief carvings in those areas. Unfortunately, what I am getting is rounded troughs instead of flat surfaces because there is an automatic bevel that is applied and I can't seem to figure out how to control the angle of the bevel or disable it completely. Can anyone help me figure this out?

post-39362-0-26429100-1436340197_thumb.p

I tried other tools today and I was able to get the desired outcome. I would still like to know what other ways there are to do this, but here is the workflow that I discovered:

In Voxel Tools, choose either the Grow, Clay or Carve tool.

Check Invert Tool. In the Stroke Panel (E) select the Square Lasso or Rectangle Lasso. Check Depth Limit and set the desired size. Check Ignore Back Faces. You should get a sculpted inset that doesn't have a pronounced angle around the sides.