3DCoat Forums

Noob "Old Gen" texturing question

IO1

Hi just a quick question. Can 3D coat be used for "Old Gen" (diffuse,spec,normal) texturing as i still have some use for the old work flow in certain programs i use. If so would i use blinn- phong which my older application uses or the compatibility shader? 

Thanks, IO

The glossiness map is grayscale map like a spec map.

Some render engines support glossiness maps and some don't.

If your render engine doesn't support it you might be able to tweak it in PS or your 3D application so it gives acceptable results to you. By tweak I mean play with it brightness contrast, opacity, those sort of settings.

Perhaps this thread will help

Thanks again KevJon the application i have in mind does not have a glossiness map input just a normal spec channel, the glossiness is controlled else-wise without the benefit of a custom map. I also use substance designer, substance designer has an old gen work flow so i guess ill bounce between that and Photoshop. It's a shame not to be able to use the flexible tool set of 3D coat in a direct way. Thanks for the link it helped to clarify my problem. 

IO