3DCoat Forums

Strange Frame around brush after using stencils

red2blue

Hi,

I have a small problem. After using a stencil (now it is turned off) I get this kind of frame around my brush. If i hit alt and turn the object it goes away, but it is annoying. Restart of 3d-Coat doesn't helped.Does anybody got an idea what it is? I don't have this with a new projetct.

Really appriciate some help.

Thanks!

post-39123-0-85487800-1437557423_thumb.p

Hi carlos,

thanks for the quick answere. I use the newest Nvidia 353.30 Drivers. I got a Geforce 960 GTX. I also get strange colors If I do a selection for the voxel extrude. I attach a screen. The colors of the selection move by moving the mouse.

I use 3d-Coat 4.5.0.7

post-39123-0-88942000-1437559124_thumb.p

Edited by red2blue

Using another model... do you have the same result ?

No, it is just this one. It started after using some stencils. Seems, that the stancils got a frame, and the frame is still valid even if the stencil is turned off.

I copied every content now into new layers and deactivated the old ones (copy and merge with) and now it is gone. Strange.

Another question: If I use voxel extrude, is it normal, that 3d coat is turning the active layer into a surface layer?

Yes, voxel extrude tool work in surface mode

These tools function in a polygonal form, and then when finished sculpting, transfer by way of baking details to the voxel sculpture. This allows for a much faster and much improved way of sculpting. This video covers the Sf.Extrude tool & the Extrude* Direction settings.

* Early tool name descriptions was renamed in current versions

• Like 1

Yes, voxel extrude tool work in surface mode

These tools function in a polygonal form, and then when finished sculpting, transfer by way of baking details to the voxel sculpture. This allows for a much faster and much improved way of sculpting. This video covers the Sf.Extrude tool & the Extrude* Direction settings.

* Early tool name descriptions was renamed in current versions

Hey Carlosan,

thanks a lot for your help and the information. Will take a deeper look at the video.

Thanks! :)