3DCoat Forums

Clarisse iFX Siggraph 2015 special offers!

Tom K

• Advanced Member

I received a newsletter announcing this sale.

http://www.isotropix.com/index.php?to=news&view=newsletter&detail=id&id=20

For those interested in Clarisse.

Freelance edition starting at only $595

clarisse_siggraph_2015_sales.png

We're more than happy to unveil today our Clarisse iFX Siggraph 2015 special offers!

To celebrate this very special event, we offer you the great chance to save over 50% on your Clarisse iFX permanent license! Yes, 50% off, you've read it well!

Special pricing offers: get Clarisse iFX for as low as $595!

Eager to experience Clarisse magic in your everyday work? Now is the time! Jump on our Siggraph special offers and save up to 50% on your Clarisse iFX permanent license!

You're a solo artist? Enjoy our Siggraph special Freelance edition1 starting at only $595!

A Clarisse iFX Floating edition2 is also available for studios starting at $1195!

As a good news never comes alone, you can still benefit from these amazing offers with our full maintenance program on3! And wait, even our maintenance program is discounted4!

Get your Freelance edition plus 12 months maintenance at only $795!

If you're a studio, get your Floating edition plus 12 months maintenance at only $1495!

Availability

Special offers5 will be available through Isotropix website ant its authorized resellers.

Siggraph 2015 special offers only available from August 8 to August 23!

1 This offer includes 1 Clarisse iFX + 1 CRender Node Locked (A fair use for two computers is allowed.)

2 This offer includes 1 Clarisse iFX floating license plus 1 CNode!

3 As a reminder, our maintenance program subscription is the most cost-effective way to boost your Clarisse iFX experience! The maintenance program subscription includes premium support, priority upon feature requests and access to all upcoming major features and functions to constantly offers you the latest Clarisse iFX technology. Maintenance program subscription has a 12 months validity*!

4 At expiration date you'll have the opportunity to renew your maintenance at the regular price.

5 These offers are limited to 1 purchase per customer.

• Reputable Contributor

Clarisse seems to be in an awkward position in the market. It doesn't have modeling tools, not Character Animation...so, it's more of a stand alone rendering app. There is already a ton of renderers that plugin to most major 3D apps and make it harder to justify exporting a scene to a stand alone. I get that it can handle some dense scenes, but GPU based renderers are about to make CPU only renderers practically obsolete, if they haven't already.

Clarisse seems to be in an awkward position in the market. It doesn't have modeling tools, not Character Animation...so, it's more of a stand alone rendering app. There is already a ton of renderers that plugin to most major 3D apps and make it harder to justify exporting a scene to a stand alone. I get that it can handle some dense scenes, but GPU based renderers are about to make CPU only renderers practically obsolete, if they haven't already.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what they're trying to be either. Maybe something like Katana without support for other rendering packages? I could see Clarisse being fantastic once they open themselves up to more gpu/cpu renderers out there. Their "customer relations" is definitely better than the Foundry (especially with Katana which is more like specialized software for larger studios). 

In any case, if there is one thing that's really horrible about legacy 3d software, its the viewport. Maya just chokes with big files, and it becomes a real pain. I guess it's just one of those packages that impresses me with certain features, but I can't see how it'd fit my existing workflow yet. 

• Advanced Member

I'm in a similar boat as well.  It's always seemed like a neat app, but I couldn't make a case for buying it.  

I had suggested to the developers that they reposition it as more of a compositing / 3D matte painting creation application than a renderer.  It's great for creating an environment that's a mix of 3D and 2D multiplane elements, but as a standalone renderer it's just not going to stand up against the GPU-based engines like Redshift.

I questioned the devs on GPU integration and the last time I spoke with them they had zero interest in providing GPU support.  To me that's a massive mistake.  I'm not buying rack-mount machines for rendering anymore.  I'm buying boxes and stuffing GPUs in them.

-Paul

• Reputable Contributor

I'm in a similar boat as well.  It's always seemed like a neat app, but I couldn't make a case for buying it.  

I had suggested to the developers that they reposition it as more of a compositing / 3D matte painting creation application than a renderer.  It's great for creating an environment that's a mix of 3D and 2D multiplane elements, but as a standalone renderer it's just not going to stand up against the GPU-based engines like Redshift.

I questioned the devs on GPU integration and the last time I spoke with them they had zero interest in providing GPU support.  To me that's a massive mistake.  I'm not buying rack-mount machines for rendering anymore.  I'm buying boxes and stuffing GPUs in them.

-Paul

+100. I've been in that mode for about 2yrs now. Octane is about to step all over VRay's past trophies, because the main thing about VRay is that it just looked so good. But so does Octane and it does final frame rendering much, much faster. Maya has Furryball, which renders practically everything....smoke/fire/fluids, SSS, Hair, etc. I've been using Thea render, which leverages simultaneous GPU + CPU (Intel Embree raytracing kernel), and rather than upgrade from VRay 2.4 to 3, I just bought Thea and Moskito (GPU render which will be finalRender R4 GPU's core GPU component).

Granted VRay has GPU for it's RT module, it's not really a final frame renderer. It cannot render volumetrics like FumeFX or their own PhoenixFD plugin...which I am really surprised about that. Until they get their production render utilizing the GPU, they too will get bypassed in the market. I just saw where AMD has a OpenCL render that they are working with Corona render on...called FireRender. CPU only engines are on the threshold of obsolescence, and the longer developers of CPU only engines remain stubborn, the quicker they will find themselves lagging way behind in the market.

• Advanced Member

Clarisse don't import the textures from any 3d format.

You mean, it doesn't import them automatically?

I think you have to apply the textures yourself.

It can even use vertex painting on a high poly model.

https://youtu.be/QTFHe4FSzac

• Advanced Member

I had suggested to the developers that they reposition it as more of a compositing / 3D matte painting creation application than a renderer.  I

I don't think they are just marketing it as just a renderer.  I just don't think they are doing a very good job of explaining what it can do beyond just rendering.

I'm not fully clear on everything it can do, but I know it can do some interesting things.

• Advanced Member

It's an amazing 3D compositor, render engine, matte painting machine.  I just feel like, if they marketed it against Fusion & Nuke they'd do better than the way they currently sell it.  As it is, people think it's a stand-alone render engine with a few bells and whistles.  

But nothing is going to change if they don't immediately and fully embrace the GPU.