3DCoat Forums

Smart Materials aren't painting color anymore.

Go to solution Solved by carrots,

It's working OK for me here. I see you're on Windoze, which version are you on? Also like Carlosan said, try the latest build. The build you're on is quite old at this point, and still very much a beta (more so than the current builds), and is prone to bugs.

• Advanced Member

I have the same issue on the 4.5.08 Linux version, I was thinking that maybe it was because of an older version of the smart materials that is causing it?  Bump and gloss would work but the color would come out grey and very dark.  I haven't looked into to it very much though.

Jason

I have the same issue on the 4.5.08 Linux version, I was thinking that maybe it was because of an older version of the smart materials that is causing it?  Bump and gloss would work but the color would come out grey and very dark.  I haven't looked into to it very much though.

Jason

Try select occlusion layer, and after layer you want to draw.

• Advanced Member

Thanks carrots, I did some more testing, but your suggestion didn't help.   :(  It doesn't happen with all of the materials, just some of them.  I'm not sure what the combination is that causes the error.  Here is an example:

post-38101-0-61359300-1438921989_thumb.p

This is after I painted a large part of the chair seat.  Thanks,

Jason

Thanks carrots, I did some more testing, but your suggestion didn't help.   :(  It doesn't happen with all of the materials, just some of them.  I'm not sure what the combination is that causes the error.  Here is an example:

attachicon.gifno_paint.png

This is after I painted a large part of the chair seat.  Thanks,

Jason

This should be corrected in the next update for linux. If the problem remains - please let us know.