3DCoat Forums

Viewport lighting position in 4.5

THEBUBZ

Hey all, I recently upgraded to 4.5 and am a little confused about some of the changes made to the viewport. Previously, I could adjust the light from side to side, and up and down, but now I can only the rotate the light around my model. This normally isn't a big deal but when Trying to view the bottom of the object or get a better handle on seeing the normals, not being able to rotate the light up and down is a real pain. Am I doing something wrong or possibly is there a setting to not lock the light?

Also Is there anyway to bring back the ambient light adjustment while painting? In the previous version I loved varying my ambient light and primary light around 40 give or take so I can see some lighting on the model, but not have the top of the mesh blown out and over lit. 

Thanks for any help. Currently I just toggle back and forth between versions but it gets really annoying after a while. 

Thanks, I'll definitely try that shader.  After fiddling around a bit I did find if you go to Camera Settings > Background Settings > and turn on Lock Environment, the bottom of the mesh is lit significantly better. I'll just set up a hotkey to toggle this. (Maybe there is a default one already?) I still wish you could rotate the light up and down if you turn use the Vertical Gradient instead of the Environmental Light, but the upgrades are worth this loss. 

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I was having the same problem.  I couldn't get part of my model rotated into the light.  It was always in shadow no matter how I rotated it or adjusted the lighting controls.  With Lock Environment checked I can rotate the model into the light.  My eyes are much happier.post-21582-0-72844600-1448787413_thumb.j

Edited by Pix Jigsaw