3DCoat Forums

Quads/Strokes/etc don't stick to object in Retopo Room

gerkx

Go to solution Solved by Tupaia,

Hello All,

Not 100% sure if this is a noob mistake on my part, or some sort of bug, but I'm trying to manually retopo an object, but in some areas, the quads/strokes/everything I can think of trying don't stick to the surface of the object, but in other areas, it's ok.  I've attached a screen cap, where the magenta quad stick just fine to the top, and I can build off of it, but the blue is floating in space. And I've tried starting in a good area and working from there, but once I get to a bad area, the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

post-39280-0-10471200-1439078475_thumb.p

• Solution

Hello!

I just had the exact same problem - the strokes had an offset from the surface.

I think I just found out what the problem was - there's been a superfluous duplicate of the object with a slight offset still in the tweak room, which was invisible in the retopo room. The strokes however were painted on the invisible, shifted object, too, which looked like a strange offset.

I just deleted all layers in the "Surface Materials" panel in the tweak room (??), and for some reason the duplicate was deleted, too, and the problem was solved. Don't ask me why, I'm a newbie and I still don't even know how to deal with the tweak room correctly.

Good luck!

Eugen

Edited by Tupaia

Thanks, that solved it, sort of. The only layer in the tweak/paint room was for a separate mesh in the same file that I had just retopo'd and done a little painting on, but deleting fixed it. I had to save as, so as not to lose my work on the other object, so I'll have to merge it all back together later.

Thanks for the help