3DCoat Forums

Set Abominae - Iced Earth

ebitz

• Reputable Contributor

Ha ha AbnRanger! I remember watching that on TV when I was a kid!

As usual, your sculpting is great ebitz!

Same here. Ebitz, are you going to try and use the Cloth tool to naturally drape the cloth objects, and create natural folds/wrinkles? I'd like to see how that looks on it. :good:

• Advanced Member

I guess there is a little likeness there, now I'm gonna watch some Thundercats. Thanks for the comments guys, and yes I think I'm gonna try the Cloth tool AbnRanger. I've never used it before so we'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

Edited by ebitz

• Advanced Member

Update with cloth. Used 3d coats cloth tool for the head portion. As for the rest of the cloth object I used blender and it's cloth simulations. Some sculpting was performed after the fact, but both simulations give great results.

post-13655-0-39457600-1441413437_thumb.p

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I'd suggest tightening the edges of pretty much everywhere in the clothing, especially the bandages on his legs. They look a bit too smooth and blobby to be belivable. Just brush along the edges with the pinch tool and you'll see what I mean. Also try using the Chisel tool on the bone armpieces to make them look more worn and less plasticy. But so far your work is very promising!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Still refining but continuing, near final I think. Taking Hasumans advice and tightening up the bandages and a few other things. More to come.

post-13655-0-24337300-1443330972_thumb.p

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Just finished up re-topology and texturing in 3D Coat. All objects and textures exported and rendered in Blender Cycles. Final stage is a pose.

post-13655-0-14886400-1445214132_thumb.p

Edited by ebitz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Well, I think thats it for this one. Posted in Gallery as well. Short description of applications and workflow listed there. 

post-13655-0-97813700-1446675787_thumb.p

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...