3DCoat Forums
ebitz

Set Abominae - Iced Earth

Ha ha AbnRanger! I remember watching that on TV when I was a kid!

As usual, your sculpting is great ebitz!

Ha ha AbnRanger! I remember watching that on TV when I was a kid!

As usual, your sculpting is great ebitz!

Same here. Ebitz, are you going to try and use the Cloth tool to naturally drape the cloth objects, and create natural folds/wrinkles? I'd like to see how that looks on it. :good:

I guess there is a little likeness there, now I'm gonna watch some Thundercats. Thanks for the comments guys, and yes I think I'm gonna try the Cloth tool AbnRanger. I've never used it before so we'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

Edited by ebitz

Update with cloth. Used 3d coats cloth tool for the head portion. As for the rest of the cloth object I used blender and it's cloth simulations. Some sculpting was performed after the fact, but both simulations give great results.

post-13655-0-39457600-1441413437_thumb.p

• Like 4

Nice! I'd suggest tightening the edges of pretty much everywhere in the clothing, especially the bandages on his legs. They look a bit too smooth and blobby to be belivable. Just brush along the edges with the pinch tool and you'll see what I mean. Also try using the Chisel tool on the bone armpieces to make them look more worn and less plasticy. But so far your work is very promising!

Still refining but continuing, near final I think. Taking Hasumans advice and tightening up the bandages and a few other things. More to come.

post-13655-0-24337300-1443330972_thumb.p

• Like 2

Just finished up re-topology and texturing in 3D Coat. All objects and textures exported and rendered in Blender Cycles. Final stage is a pose.

post-13655-0-14886400-1445214132_thumb.p

Edited by ebitz
  • Like 1

Well, I think thats it for this one. Posted in Gallery as well. Short description of applications and workflow listed there. 

post-13655-0-97813700-1446675787_thumb.p

• Like 2

I have to say you made me want to join this site. I'm looking to make a story or Set in fallout 4 and was looking for custom models for it :D you sir have showed me it's possible to bring Set to life.