3DCoat Forums
Vexod14

Some works arround Star Wars

Thanks =)

Some WIP level's screenshots =) Every texture was made with 100 % 3DCoat !

LevelArt_08.thumb.jpg.86f4e9742fddd21c7e215fa9fbbc3697.jpgLevelArt_07.thumb.jpg.e70eb9975378021d69f0298e51b0b88c.jpgLevelArt_06.thumb.jpg.91977e9a85945020aa0a646297f0a3fb.jpgLevelArt_05.thumb.jpg.f5d9f0a4d4670050cc094307a248559c.jpgLevelArt_04.thumb.jpg.32469801b3b23758f92ba9270a1b3782.jpgLevelArt_03.thumb.jpg.5627f7a6a9df649809a64f10323b9c78.jpgLevelArt_02.thumb.jpg.3c26bc9300bb62f74bc03cc8e2e50bc3.jpgLevelArt_01.thumb.jpg.e75cf16f5debc6cbe8104899e528bbda.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone ! I've done some stuff since last post :)

First of all, the splash screen is now 99,99% made on marmoset, meaning that this...

StarWars-Redemption_SplashArt-Turnover_0

...Can easily be shot these ways :

StarWars-Redemption_RealtimeSplashScreen

And of course textures are 100% done with 3DCoat, I also dis some retopology on character parts ( most of the time organic ones such as body and head ) and UV packing ( your algo are a blast, I love them ! )

I also improved Jetpack VFX by using simple displacement over a simple mesh ( same used for the musleflash ^^ ). Once it's UV animated in unreal engine 4 it works damn good =D

JetPackVFX.jpg?1526242789

Reworked Mevenn's face topology + facial rig and her textures aswell, animating her face now is super easy ^^

CHA_Mevenn_Expressions.jpg?1526240454

And now we can pilot the ARC-170 =D
ARC-170_02.jpg?1526254703

ARC-170_01.jpg?1526254704

Geonosis environment is on its way  =) I made some rock formations, then separated them into smaller blocks in order to build anything ( okay guys "almost" anything ^^ ). The material adds sand on the top, it's fairly simple at the moment but I may upgrade it when I'll have to work on snowy environments ;)

GeonosisLevelArtTest.jpg?1526254737

Concept board I made before doing env stuff :

ConceptArt_Geonosis_Props_02.jpg?1526254

That's all atm =)

• Like 1

An update about the current state of the project

I've been heavily focusing on it last weeks (curious thing as I've also a (super-cool) job during the day, I should rest more, but instead of it I work like a machine ^^"). 

So here is a summary : 
- Now we have a build. Yeah. Game is finally standalone, playable on a (good enough) windows PC. That's something we should've had a long time ago but anyway, now it's there. And it's cool
- Since our only game designer left the project months ago we've faced a problem : we had to do blueprint. And as an artist, it's always a pain to dig into this for many reasons. But hey ! Look at the cool part of the solution : you're going to learn it ! And it becomes more and more fun to use finally ;)
So now, I also take care of blueprints
- I've started working on Lumberia last year, because I had enough of desert environments of both Geonosis and Space corridors, and I've started to create modular environment assets to build a dungeon. You've seen some of these on the past updates when I was trying to create my master env. shader, now everything works I can show a bit more of it. Every environment benefits of it, and it speeds up a lot the way I worked them. But I'm not 100% satisfied with what I get, since I think it involves still too much repetitive task and could be more optimized. Next project should start from it and improve it.
- I've also decided to stop developing the project, not due to any strike (don't worry), but simply because I've figured out that I've mostly developed it alone, and I can't keep doing this. It's above my will now, I need to do something else than working again when I'm "off-work", and focus and shorter project. That's why, in next December's end, Redemption's updates will heavily decrease and hopefully reach 0 faster than light. I think this project could've been far far away than what we have now, and of course I'll be forever sad about it, but time has come to leave it behind and explore new horizons. Next project won't be about Star Wars by the way.

That said, there's still one big month to add more stuff =P

So let's go for the screenshots and enjoy ;)

etienne-beschet-swr-screenshot-mainmenu.

etienne-beschet-swr-screenshot-geonosis-

etienne-beschet-swr-atlasenvtile-geonosi

etienne-beschet-swr-screenshot-lumberia-