3DCoat Forums

Blobfish Stuff

Blobfish

Hello!

I recently fell in love with 3D Coat and made some stuff for fun/training/portfolio. After uploading my models on Sketchfab, I've been adviced to post it here by a CM ... which is not a bad idea I guess!

The first one is a 3D fan art of King K.Rool from the Donkey Kong games. I created an original design mixing its various designs with personal touches here an there. I may give a Kaptain outfit for him at some point because pirates.

King K.Rool by Julien Lesieur on Sketchfab

The second one is a rhino beetle inspired robot I made to try hard surface techniques and smart materials.

Rhino Beetle Robot by Julien Lesieur on Sketchfab

For both models, I made everything in 3D Coat beside the rigging/posing.

• Like 8

Hey great job on both pieces! K rool has a great sense of texture and the tears in the cape and the wear on the bracelets are a nice touch. Also great design and execution on the robot, the matte and shiny areas add to the realism of the metal and the little details like the rust, the soot on the feet and even the cat sticker are nice. I especially like the dents which I think are just normal maps since the geometry seems flat in those areas but with the lighting it works really well.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments!

I especially like the dents which I think are just normal maps since the geometry seems flat in those areas but with the lighting it works really well.

I don't know which dents you are talking about (on the eyes? legs?) but yeah, it's most likely the normal map. I create my models to be fitted for videogame productions since I search a job in this area, so I tend to use normal maps as much as possible.

• 2 weeks later...