3DCoat Forums

Photoshop CC 2014/2015 and hotkeys

ajz3d

I've always had this problem in all versions of Photoshop I can recall. Some days it seems to be worse then others. Never found a solution, and have long since given up.

On days where it makes me especially pissed off I just switch to another painting app like SAI or Clip Paint Studio.

Edited by PolyHertz
  • Like 1

• Contributor

For me it started to happen after I was some months into CC 2014. Hotkeys always worked fine in previous versions and even in 2014, but then, out of nowhere they became very moody. They seem to stop working on random basis.

On Adobe forum I read some complaints from people using some newer MacOS and it was this OS that they ultimately blame for this, but I'm on Windows 7 and also have this problem. :girl_devil:

Unfortunately switching to other software isn't an option for me. As far as I know only PS handles 32-bit images so well. And I wouldn't exchange the Camera RAW Filter for anything else.

P.S. What is SAI?

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Guys every time i had those issues was that by accident i was changing the windows lang!!! by pressing shift alt.

Hm, there might be something in it, because sometimes I loose an ability to type Polish diacritic characters in PS. But only in PS. Whenever this problem with diacritics in PS occurs, I can type them (for example) in Notepad++ without problems. So system keyboard remains the same. Maybe it's something within PS? Some weird hotkey they introduced or changed?

I do not use ALT+SHIFT combination. With ALT it's only ALT+LMB to tweak brush size or ALT+LMB and DRAG to copy a layer.

I need to test this a little bit more to be sure.

P.S. I just realized that the problem occurs more frequently if I use the Intuos tablet than when I use a mouse. Maybe it's some problem with Wacom drivers?

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

You definetly should! I have nothing but good things to say about SAI;

-It's very stable, don't think its ever crashed on me before (something I only wish I could say about PS).

-A fantastic built in brush stabilizer, which in some ways I even prefer it to the one in CPS.

-The cleanest color blending of any painting app I've ever tried (to create a great Blur brush = set Water color brush to 100% density+blending+dillution, and 80% persistenece).

-Full support for layer groups, masks, blending modes, and PSD import/export (so can use it with 3DC no problem).

Seriously, it's awesome :)

• Like 1

• Contributor

Hm, there might be something in it, because sometimes I loose an ability to type Polish diacritic characters in PS. But only in PS. Whenever this problem with diacritics in PS occurs, I can type them (for example) in Notepad++ without problems. So system keyboard remains the same. Maybe it's something within PS? Some weird hotkey they introduced or changed?

I do not use ALT+SHIFT combination. With ALT it's only ALT+LMB to tweak brush size or ALT+LMB and DRAG to copy a layer.

I need to test this a little bit more to be sure.

P.S. I just realized that the problem occurs more frequently if I use the Intuos tablet than when I use a mouse. Maybe it's some problem with Wacom drivers?

Happens when using Wacom as well. 

Maybe this is it , allthough i still fix it when pressing alt shift , maybe its only shift or alt that fixes it , never got really into it since problem solves immediately. 

• Contributor

You definetly should! I have nothing but good things to say about SAI;

-It's very stable, don't think its ever crashed on me before (something I only wish I could say about PS).

-A fantastic built in brush stabilizer, which in some ways I even prefer it to the one in CPS.

-The cleanest color blending of any painting app I've ever tried (to create a great Blur brush = set Water color brush to 100% density+blending+dillution, and 80% persistenece).

-Full support for layer groups, masks, blending modes, and PSD import/export (so can use it with 3DC no problem).

Seriously, it's awesome :)

No, try clip studio paint.

Then forget sai... it's that good.