3DCoat Forums

Problems during retopology

cores25

Go to solution Solved by cores25,

Hi guys,

first post here and I´m hoping to find some questions to a problem I encountered during retopo in 3DC today.

First of all, the biggst problem is the exported retopo mesh is not visible in 3rd party applications. I imported my result in zbrush and I see all the mesh parts as subtools and get info regarding polycount but the model itself is not visible. Anybody else had this problem? Maybe I´m missing something.

Furthermore, there were some related problems that might have to do something with the issue mentioned. When I try to export in fbx, 3DC crashes instantly, obj works fine. I had huge problems unrwapping my uvs before, until I clicked the fix ngon button a couple of times. Seems rather arbitrary. Also, when I try to load the reference mesh, the retopo already done will disappear. I found that saving the retopo as a state and reloading it when the reference is in the scene works, but then the model seems to be at a different place.

Soooo, any clues? :) I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks!!!

The trial I believe is 4.5.15, so fairly recent.

For what it's worth Andrew and I found some issues with exporting fbx. I would recommend until we can fix those issues, to use obj.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk