3DCoat Forums

UV Room - First Impressions

Amos

So far I've mostly liked it. It's really annoying how the UV island preview flickers between the preview and the whole mesh islands when your cursor moves off the mesh. The idea is good, but it doesn't seem like it's implemented properly. If you could click to stay in that specific island that would be cool, but this epileptic strobe effect is horrible.

The tool-set seems to be missing basic "Select Edge + Cut" In the UV preview window. Why do everything in 3D when you see what you want to cut right there in the 3D window. In my experience with 3D Unwrapping software you jump between the two when either provides the most convenient option at the time.

Another thing about the preview window is that when it snaps to a specific island and makes it larger, it rotates it which is sort of disorienting since you were just looking at a problem area in preview window with the whole mesh, and now have to re-find it in the updated preview window. Also the fact that when it shows you the single UV island preview, it seems to have a different colouring, than in the whole mesh uv island preview. What's up with that? Between the changing colours, and the rotation I've found myself jumping epilepticly between the single preview and the whole preview a few times to find the problem area again. The general experience is aggravating.

Another feature I like to have is being able to click an edge/vert/face somewhere in the UV Preview window and press ''F'', to snap to that specific area in the 3D window. Not sure if that is here.

The UV room seems like it has potential, but I'll stick with Maya+nightshade+roadkill for now I think.

It's really annoying how the UV island preview flickers between the preview and the whole mesh islands when your cursor moves off the mesh. The idea is good, but it doesn't seem like it's implemented properly. If you could click to stay in that specific island that would be cool, but this epileptic strobe effect is horrible.

Top right hand corner, "Preview Islands" checkbox should solve your problem.

• Like 1

Another feature I like to have is being able to click an edge/vert/face somewhere in the UV Preview window and press ''F'', to snap to that specific area in the 3D window. Not sure if that is here.

The UV room seems like it has potential, but I'll stick with Maya+nightshade+roadkill for now I think.

Shift+A. ;)