3DCoat Forums

Merging layers & External editing (in Photoshop) broken.

• Advanced Member

I've just upgraded to the latest beta (Stable) in hopes of this being fixed, but no such luck, so:

-Merging layers is broken

-External editing is broken

Merging a non 100% layer onto another one (both standard blend) fucks up. As you can tell, there's nothing there.

Merging an entire group similarly results in an empty layer.

'Merger visible' also results in an empty grey layer

Exporting to photoshop fucks up the colours in less-than-subtle ways. In my email I said I thought maybe it was a linear/gamma issue, but I really don't know now.

The layer opacity is still the same across 3dcoat and Photoshop, it just looks fucked up.

This is with the compatibility shader, if it should matter, and there's no depth, normalmap, spec or gloss at all.

I've sent a file to support a week ago, explaining what was happening, and I was never contacted about it, so here we are. If you want this file as well, let me know, but please: this is for work and deadlines are strict, this is really fucking up my workflow.

3dc_colourbug.gif

3DC_Colour.png

Edited by Mighty Pea

• Advanced Member

I sent a file over a week ago through the online interface (a different one than this one, but with similar problems), from 'michael knubben' at gmail.

I can't send this one right now, but I will tomorrow.

edit: sent.

Edited by Mighty Pea

Then the function 'Send file to support@3dcoat.com' that exists inside of 3dcoat has been broken since 2013 >__>

When I find the time I'll find the files and send them directly, but you might want to see if you can fix that function, or take it out :D

This function works, I am getting files often in this way.

Now I found the letter, I was seeking for direct mail from you so missed the file.

• Advanced Member

I'm still getting the other problem shown, and Andrew can't reproduce, so I was wondering if anyone else gets this issue? Where things look different in Photoshop when you export the psd or edit externally?

I'm thinking it might be related to colour profiles, but don't know enough about them to really figure it out.