3DCoat Forums

Two headed terror!

philnolan3d

Here's my dragon I've been working on in my spare time. He still needs a lot of work. Started from the default sphere, squished into shape for the body then the rest was added with curves, details added with Spray/Thaw. This is still the default resolution, I haven't increased it yet.

dragon_wip_04.jpg

dragon_wip_01.jpg

dragon_wip_02.jpg

dragon_wip_03.jpg

• Contributor

Here's my dragon I've been working on in my spare time. He still needs a lot of work. Started from the default sphere, squished into shape for the body then the rest was added with curves, details added with Spray/Thaw. This is still the default resolution, I haven't increased it yet.

That's looking good Phil.When I first started sculpting in clay almost 25 years ago I did a lot of dragons. They're lots of fun.

I was thinking that an easy way to fill the spaces between the wing would be a curve system in 3d coat (something I've been asking for) :)

Draw curve >Add thickness

Anyway looking forward to updates on dragon.Have fun!

post-913-1226243318_thumb.jpg

post-913-1226243329_thumb.jpg

Thank you. That's a good idea for the wings. The way I did it was very tedious... Point the camera straight at the corner between the "fingers" of the wing, with the fingers out to either side. Then row by row start painting over the same edge with Spray. That's why it's a bit lumpy for now, I wasn't exactly centered with each stroke. but maybe there is something I can do with the current Curve tools to make it faster. I'll have to try and see.

• Contributor
Thank you. That's a good idea for the wings. The way I did it was very tedious... Point the camera straight at the corner between the "fingers" of the wing, with the fingers out to either side. Then row by row start painting over the same edge with Spray. That's why it's a bit lumpy for now, I wasn't exactly centered with each stroke. but maybe there is something I can do with the current Curve tools to make it faster. I'll have to try and see.

You could do it with curve tool by drawing 2 points and thinning it out by scaling.Maybe draw it in an empty space and select all with transpose and move it into place.Let me know what works best.

post-913-1226245548_thumb.jpg

post-913-1226245555_thumb.jpg

post-913-1226245563_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Looking good phil.Can't wait to see the finished detailed piece.I love the pose.

This just reminded me I started a dragon a couple of years ago in Hexagon and haven't finished it yet.(I gotta learn to do that) :) Maybe I'll take it into 3DC and see what happens.

post-913-1227314311_thumb.jpg