3DCoat Forums

Transform tools in Paint room

Go to solution Solved by Javis,

How do I move a model when in Paint room.  I want to have a obj next to another one for texturing reference but the obj get placed one on top of the other.  I don't see the transform gizmo being available in the Paint Room??? I just want to position one of the models a bit to the left side so both can be visible at the same time.

• Solution

Hi Simon!

This can be done, but from a different "room". Go to the "Tweak" room (it's like the actual element editing room for Paint Objects), click the "Select Objects" button, click on the object you want to move and then select the "Move" function. All of these functions are in the Tool Options panel.

Move as desired. Return to the Paint Room. Done. :) Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
  • Contributor

@Javis Hi Jarvis or anyone else that might know the answer..after you've moved models around in the tweak room and return to the paint room the obj file exported containing all the models you've moved are back to the original position in the file..  in paint & tweak room it looks correct but not once exported.. is there something I missed? I'm using Version 4.9.20.  

• Contributor
18 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hello

Try exporting as lwo or fbx

Thanks Carlosan,  I wrote to a different obj file on export and that worked .. Maybe exporting to the same file name doesn't automatically overwrite?  If it doesn't allow overwriting of files with the same name the option is greatly needed.

For example, I've made mesh changes to a project and although the texture files are overwritten as expected but I always expect that the obj would too and have blamed the other program I've opened the files in for not showing things correctly. In this recent project many objects are physically moved and realized that the other program was showing the object positions of the original project so I knew then that 3DCoat wasn't overwriting files.

• Like 1