3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Intuos Pro pressure detection constantly fails in 3D-Coat!

Go to solution Solved by ajz3d,

• Contributor

It started to happen several days ago. Whenever I try to paint or sculpt something in 3D-Coat, the pressure detection fails all the time.

At the same time pressure detection works perfectly in Photoshop, Krita and Sculptris.

I already tried removing all 3D-Coat's preferences, installing the newest Intuos Pro driver and resetting tablet preferences. I also tried the GL Simple version. None of these actions helped.

This is a disaster. I cannot work with 3D-Coat any more.

Video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4ia029dk9dt609/pressure_problems.mp4?dl=1

--

Most of the time right after I start 3D-Coat brush pressure gets detected. However after some brushing it breaks again.

• Like 1

Try these things (and for what it's worth, this happens to me all the time in PS, lesser so in 3DC):

• Start 3DC by clicking the icon with your Stylus (NOT your mouse)
  • If it still happens or is intermittent, Alt+Tab to another application, release the keys, then Alt+Tab back to 3DC

These same things help pressure issues with PS too.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Yes, it's kind of random, but happens most of the time now. I can't finish my work.

Look on your right  , see that black thing?

Grab it , its called a mouse!!!!! 

(Sorry couldn't help my self)  aahahahahahahaaha

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 1

• Contributor

Try these things (and for what it's worth, this happens to me all the time in PS, lesser so in 3DC):

• Start 3DC by clicking the icon with your Stylus (NOT your mouse)
  • If it still happens or is intermittent, Alt+Tab to another application, release the keys, then Alt+Tab back to 3DC

These same things help pressure issues with PS too.

Ok, ALT+TABing does help sometimes, but not always. It helps in situations when pressure is not detected at all (and old issue). But once it goes crazy, like on the video (randomly changing radius and opacity), then only restart can fix it.

Look on your right  , see that black thing?

Grab it , its called a mouse!!!!! 

I don't think so. ;)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Sometimes I loose pressure in krita or Clip Studio Paint, then I alt+tab, to another software that is using pressure detection, then I paint a bit, and go back to 'broken' software. Usually it helps... 

So eg. if krita looses pressure, I alt tab to CSP, paint therea dab, and after going back to krita, it works.

• Like 1

• Contributor

After some time into each 3DC session the pressure goes awry. When I draw the stroke it sometimes doesn't get drawn at all only to kick in a moment later with full opacity and radius. Then the next stroke I draw is either full size or doesn't appear at all. Or changes a lot. It's crazy.

Tried ALT+TABing, but it doesn't help. So I have to restart 3DC and reload the scene every several minutes.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Not only I still have those crazy pressure problems, but now it looks like I cannot paint color without enabling depth channel. :blink: (4.5.17)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ic9wi6bzh4o2n/cant_paint_without_depth_plus_pressure_problems.mp4?dl=1

I'm going to try 4.5.15 as I don't remember having this kind of problems with it.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Unfortunately in 4.5.15 it's no different. Same problems so I completely removed Wacom drivers and 3D-Coat, deleted all preferences and after rebooting reinstalled the drivers and 3DC 4.5.17.

For the first 20 minutes of my texturing session everything was fine. But then the problem returned. I don't understand why the pressure malfunctions only in 3D-Coat.

• Contributor
  • Solution

I replaced the newest Intuos Pro driver with a driver from the last year (6.3.11w3).

I've been working for several hours since then and didn't experience any problems with the pressure yet. I really hope this driver has solved the problem.

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

• Contributor

The Intuos Pro has a wireless connection and it showed the same symptoms as USB connection. I didn't think about plugging the tablet to a different port though, and probably I should have. I hope there won't be a next time this happens, but if it does, I'll remember your advice.

Thanks.

• Contributor

I replaced the newest Intuos Pro driver with a driver from the last year (6.3.11w3).

I've been working for several hours since then and didn't experience any problems with the pressure yet. I really hope this driver has solved the problem.

When you have a driver from wacom that works for you: don't update.