3DCoat Forums

paint missing some faces (The Unpaintables)

Ballistic_Tension

• Advanced Member

win 8.1  3dc 4.5.03 cuda dx64   in PPP room can not paint on a few  small faces . The object was a spline curve in blender  converted to mesh all normals are facing out and tried all brushes and  paint bucket options etc. The uvs look fine . Then on the TEXT  also from blender (not converted to mesh)  the paint on all of the text are hit and miss . The text has a bevel on it and it is there that I cant paint on those spots Normal and uv look fine.  One thing that did happen was I saved that file in 3cd closed up shop then reopened that file and on the Text 1/2 of the non-painted spots on the Text where painted. Also what does the  *  mean up top at the end of the file name?  All other regular objects paint up fine and using color swatches no smart materials . I did not unwrap UV in blender I let 3dc do it in ppp. Thank you for your time.

• Advanced Member

I did try to paint in the editor/uv  no good. I re marked seams in in uv room on the non painted areas  updated the islands saved it then back over to the paint room and it fixed those non painted ares but gave me new NON PAINTED ones on other objects (Text) faces That where fine  so I will  keep chasing the rabbit . Ok I brought in from blender just the 1 Text /object that had issues and painted on it and all is good. So it seams to do with the uv  s.

is it possible I am trying to put too much / objects in the UV space  ? all my objects total to  43,000 faces on a 2k map.