3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Does model have any file size limit or polygon limit ?

Leo Chen

Go to solution Solved by Michaelgdrs,

Not quite sure.

An official programmer can answer this question.

Thank you, Michaelgdrs.

As I found, using "File -> Import -> Import for vertex painting/big reference" can import biggest .obj file.

And then "File ->  Import Object".

The import from the right panel is the worst.

Edited by Leo Chen

• Contributor
  • Solution

What you say yes in general they apply.

But 

1) File -> Import -> Import for vertex painting/big reference is only for painting

2) File ->  Import Object general import

3) Space , import 

4) The right panel mainly has other usage.

Check official 3d coat tutorials.

• 3 years later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Example to match Blender's meter scale.

3DC set scene scale to 100. Increasing the scene scale in 3DC, makes the scale smaller. Decreasing the scale makes the scale larger.

Units to meters. 

example picture to show result. 

I by mistake made the cylinder 4 meters in width. 

No crashing. 3DC Version Beta 4.8.40 GL.

good.jpg

• Like 2

• Advanced Member
On 5/29/2019 at 10:05 PM, digman said:

Example to match Blender's meter scale.

3DC set scene scale to 100. Increasing the scene scale in 3DC, makes the scale smaller. Decreasing the scale makes the scale larger.

Units to meters. 

example picture to show result. 

I by mistake made the cylinder 4 meters in width. 

No crashing. 3DC Version Beta 4.8.40 GL.

good.jpg

Hi Digman and thank for helping with this, i will first install 4.8.40 to see if it's fixing my issue. By the same time i would like to ask you if you know of a math formula to use in define measurement units/ voxel units setting. I am not even sure if the voxel setting is useful for scale issues but the manual don't have any info on this.

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry no formula here. I have left at default all this time though messed about with the settings but not really arriving at any conclusions. 

If you did not see it, here is where I also posted about creating real world objects. One method. 

A heads up, In the 3D grid, I set it at one meter and 100 units (cm) inside the meter grid. This was for demoing the method. You can set it different depending upon your workflow.

• Advanced Member
On 5/31/2019 at 5:25 PM, digman said:

Sorry no formula here. I have left at default all this time though messed about with the settings but not really arriving at any conclusions. 

If you did not see it, here is where I also posted about creating real world objects. One method. 

A heads up, In the 3D grid, I set it at one meter and 100 units (cm) inside the meter grid. This was for demoing the method. You can set it different depending upon your workflow.

That's what i thought after fiddling with it a few time and thank for clarifying the matter. Yes i saw the other post and your answer and since English is not my main language i didnt have time yet to understand the complete post but will reply when i fully get it thank.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Does model have any file size limit or polygon limit ?