3DCoat Forums

I hear 3d Coat goes on sale around Christmas time.

cj31387

Go to solution Solved by Michaelgdrs,

• Contributor
  • Solution

If i remember correctly last year was on sale.

In general if you buy it now or in sales period  the benefits you will get from this software are the same , you really cant get a better deal out of it.

On sale , its like stealing candies from a baby.

If i remember correctly last year was on sale.

In general if you buy it now or in sales period  the benefits you will get from this software are the same , you really cant get a better deal out of it.

On sale , its like stealing candies from a baby.

Well I am a programmer, I actually started hating 3d modeling a few years ago, I am 28 I when I was a teenager I got into 3ds max and learned that but was never really a good artist, then in 2012 I finally learned how to program, I enjoy that much more. I would get 3d coat for game development but probably would rarely use it. Out of all the modelers it seems to look like the most fun to use which I want because i hate 3d modeling now. I am hoping 3d coat could get me to somewhat enjoy 3d modeling again, but I just think i found my calling as a programmer. So I would only get it cheap.

No offense to people who like 3d modeling but I don't like it so much I tend to make my games use flat-shaded art as much as possible because you don't have to uvwmap or texture lol. But for some reason i can make things in minecraft like games and its fun. I think 3d coat has some of that vibe a little bit.

I know i cant solo things as a programmer, but for placeholder art I think 3d coat would make it bearable until my solid prototypes are done, then hire real artists. But yeah I don't think i would use 3d coat as much as you artists do or any 3d application. Thus it seems only worthwhile for me to get it on sale.

Edited by cj31387

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Hmm so if I wanted to upgrade from my educational version how much you'd think that'd run me? 

I think the sale price was around $280 ($100 off the normal $380) for the Professional version. The EDU to Commercial upgrade is usually whatever the price difference is between the two. Don't quote me on it, but I think that would bring the upgrade to somewhere around $180-200