3DCoat Forums

Black noise on object problem

Zaerah

Go to solution Solved by Grimm,

Picture shows the problem.

I have been using directx version for a long time with no problems like this, but now when i finally tried opengl i realized it is much much faster and not sluggish all the time. This problem only appears on opengl version and only after i apply uv map (apply uv set in uv room, switch to paint room, get asked again if i want to apply uv changes, click yes and then this).

This also happens on any object, cube in picture is default cube with nothing done to it.

post-38047-0-81200800-1447975697_thumb.p

post-38047-0-90929500-1447976086_thumb.p

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

I had the same issue with Blender, in that if you load an object (I was using obj) that has bad UVs applied.  The fix for me was to tell Blender not to export the UVs as I hadn't created any.  The other fix is to save the project and then reload it (I'm not sure if you need to restart 3D-Coat or not).  Once you do that it should work fine.  

Jason

• Advanced Member

I just ran into this issue again, exactly like you said.  I imported an object I made in Blender (made sure to not export UVs) for UV mapping.  3D-Coat automatically made the UV map and I applied it.  Then, just as what happened to you, I selected the paint room and it asked again to apply the UVs.  The object was covered with the black dots and artifacts.  

So I tried to do the same workflow but this time I canceled the UV application when it prompted me in the paint room.   This worked with no artifacts, so it looks like 3D-Coat isn't detecting when you apply UVs in the UV room and when it applies them twice it messes up the UVs.  I will put in a Mantis report for this.  

Jason

mantis report:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2046

Edited by Grimm

• 5 years later...