3DCoat Forums

Reight click menu in voxtree doesn't work anymore

Go to solution Solved by Dewdrops-art-and-jewellery,

Hi

I have just upgraded to 4.5.19 .

In sculptroom in the voxtree the right click funktion doesn't work anymore.

the popup menu do come but once i try to select a submenu then it jumps away.

For example: i do right click on a volume layer, then go to import then by going to import object the full dissapears and nothing happens...

same for other funktion, for ex. extract shell, then the menu disseapears.

can somebody help me?

Version 4.1 was fine...

would be a pitty that i have to go back to version 4.1

Rgds3dcoat.pdf

3dcoat_2.pdf

Thanks

I have installed 4.5.23

Right click menu now stays, menu import funktion stays also and i can import some meshes.

BUT not all files i used to import 

For ex. see attachement:

you see that" reading object" after selecting import object, in vox tree has happened.

Poly count is almost 1mb, but nothing is displayed.

So i tried another import.

When starting 3dcoat > repair scanned mesh...  then there 3dcoat crashes ...

Same file and import process worked fine whith 4.1

I wounder if following has an influence:

-I have lately updated openNI to openNI2.2 SDK

-I have also updated Nvidia application to 8.1.850.0

-i also made a firmeware update for asus xtion pro

I need this appications, what do you think: shound i go back to 4.1?

Rgds

Marcel

• Reputable Contributor

For Windows versions of 3DC...

The below is backwards from your install as I am installing the NON-PBR version but read the below, there might be some information that could be useful to you.

4.5.23 is already installed on my Windows 7 64 bit system plus it was installed brand new. There had been no previous installed version on this computer of 3DC, that is no prior Non-PBR versions.

I installed 4.1.17D  to test for your problems. So far everything is running as it should be...

I was very carefull though how I installed 4.1.17D. I do not think the below is necessary any more since 4.5 now as it's has own folder under

"C:\Users\ YOUR PC NAME \My Documents\3D-CoatV45\ but rule of thumb in installing software, better safe than big time sorry...  :blink:

When 4.5 beta first was released it overwrote the old 3DC folder and the install was corrupted. There was just too much of a code change between non-pbr and pbr. You had to to some manual work to get the beta to install correctly as stated in the beta thread.

To play it safe plus I am paranoid, I renamed my 3D-Coat45 folder to 3D-Coat45bk before installing 4.1.17D

Next installed 4.1.17D and it created it's own folder which is 3D-CoatV4  under "My Documents"

Ran 4.1.17D for awhile and no problems so far.

Returned to "My Documents" and renamed the folder 3D_Coat45bk back to 3D-Coat45. Ran 3DC 4.5.23 with no problems like you are having.

I also renamed the 4.1.17D executables to a slightly different name so I can tell the versions apart.

This way I have the best of both worlds... If I want a completely Non-PBR version of 3DC to use, I can run it just fine as long as I do no run both versions at the same time on the same computer which is not allowed by 3DCoat under their legal agreement. 

I have been meaning to install 4.1.17D, you gave me an excuse to do it... I know my installing was backwards from yours but the principle is the same.

How you installed 4.5.23 or what 3DC folders you have under "My Documents" I do not know of course and if you are still able to run 4.1.17D , I do not know. Maybe having a little backstory and information on installing will at least help in figuring out your problems with 4.5.23.

You can try this as well before going the whole nine yards of completely removing 3DC, including the folders under My Documents from your computer, then doing a fresh install and re- registering the program.

Removing the Options.xml file under the My Documents \ 3D-Coat45 folder can solve some problems as well. It sometimes will get corrupted. Save a backup copy and Remove the file. Restart 3DC and it will recreate the file. Test for your problems.

Edited by digman

• Solution

A few days ago, i had first deinstalled 4.1 and then installed 4.5.17,

on which RMB in the voxtree did not work

and then i installed 4.5.23 

Now I have just reinstalled V4.1 and reregistered,

this version again still works fine.

No problem whith RMB at Voxtree, neither at import, and no crashes.

Then I deinstalled V4.5,17  and 4.5.23  and deleted manually under my documents everything except 3D-CoatV4

(also made a copy of of 3D-CoatV4)

Tried again V4.1, still OK

Then i renamed   3D-CoatV4   to   _3D-CoatV4 to be sure 

and redownloaded and reinstalled 4.5.23

it has created a folder 3D-CoatV45  under my documents

i have reregisterd it  and it works fine... no crush... RMB voxtree perfect...

Then i renamed  _3D-CoatV4    to   3D-CoatV4     and in case made a copy of    3D-CoatV45

Version V4.1 is also working fine

So both versions are working fine.

maybe 4.5.17 would have worked fine if i would have done everything correctly whith the 3DC folders under my doc, or maybe not???

nevertheless, Its working fine... great... thanks a lot..

learned a lot about updating 3DC

Rgds