3DCoat Forums

Steampunk-esque Character

MorganNilsson

Hello!

I just began using 3D Coat and felt it could be a good idea to post some of my wips on the forums. I am accustomed to Zbrush ways of doing things with multiple subdivision levels and etc, but I recently bought 3D coat because the pricing was just too good to miss for what you get. Hopefully with this thread I can get more comfortable with a workflow that suits 3D Coats strengths.

This is the character I am working on currently for a game concept I have created. It is probably not going to end up in the actual game, but I found it to be a good way to learn and practice with 3D Coat.

2yvulvk.jpg

6h6zk1.jpg

o76n1h.jpg

Overall there are a few things I am uncertain about, for example. What is the deal with not being able to remove paint layer 0 in painting, and are there ways to reset it to default other than just exporting the sculpt and then reimport it into a new project?

Also, what kind of workflow is common when sculpting in 3D Coat start to finish? I sort of miss being able to step down in subdivisions to do large structural changes without destroying details I have done on the higher subdivisions.

I also stream most of my sculpting/3d related sessions on Sywork, so please do take a peek if you are feeling bored or just want to laugh at how horrible I am! :)https://sywork.tv/channel/name/morgannilsson

Happy sculpting! :)

Best regards
//Morgan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...