3DCoat Forums

Crash opening Mac 3b file on Windows - 4.5.19

Dmac

Hiya guys, thanks in advance for the help! I go between a pc at home and a mac at work (paid extra for the cross platform license). I'm used to slight point release changes causing 3D-Coat to hang on opening files (say a 4.5.16 file crashing version 4.5.14 on opening), it's surprising but I can update and get around it usually. 

The problem today is I have 4.5.19 on my mac and windows machines and now the file from windows is crashing the mac. This is a a showstopper at the moment as I work from home 2 days a week and really need my files to be reliably portable. Please help!

Thanks for any advice,

Danny.

I am on 4.5.19

But specific release does not mean stable file across platforms nor machines for most 3D software.

It is a good habit to "export" across machines and even more reasons to export across platforms (PC to Mac. Mac to PC etc..)

Yet again, I cannot certify what is the best way to export anything on 3D Coat because I am noobie with 3d coat

Thanks Hexadecimale! Yeah I've been using export psd as a workaround for the moment, good tip. As for 3d Software and cross platform, I use both Maya and ZBrush across mac and windows without this problem, also photoshop and Unity. I've never actually come across this issue with other software. 

I am on 4.5.19

But specific release does not mean stable file across platforms nor machines for most 3D software.

It is a good habit to "export" across machines and even more reasons to export across platforms (PC to Mac. Mac to PC etc..)

Yet again, I cannot certify what is the best way to export anything on 3D Coat because I am noobie with 3d coat

Hey Carlosan, thanks for the reply! I'm using 3D-Coat at work in the later stages of a project with a fair amount of workload to get through, I'm a bit worried about using any build that hasn't been marked Stable. How solid is 4.5.23?

Cheers! 

Hi

Do you have any chance to test v4.5.23 ?

3D-Coat 64-bit

Mac OS X Download Link