3DCoat Forums

Pixel painting has non-pixel artifacts after unwrap?

aaronmcavinue

Go to solution Solved by digman,

See the attached image -- very helpful. As you can see, the mesh is unwrapped neatly, and there isn't much information on the layers, but they are still acquiring some kind of grungy artifacts (which don't appear to be from a low-res texture or something). I'm not using any alphas, just the standard brush, and no smart materials. Any idea what is going on & how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

post-39923-0-86590600-1450133501_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Have you Deselected "Show Voxels in Paint Room" under the Paint Room / View Menu... This is always on by default each time you load 3DC.

Also if you this is a rebake, read my current post to your other thread...

Also you do not have all your available tabs... You are missing some like your  Paint Objects tab. etc...

Go to the Windows menu and select "Reset this page to default"

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I just had this problem but in the Render Room .I had show Voxels off in the paint room as to show the (low poly) mesh and painted on it with normal map then went to render room and saw the voxel overlay lol. funny thing was I went to the sculpt room moved the (high poly )Voxel over and rendered both .

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

I just had this problem but in the Render Room .I had show Voxels off in the paint room as to show the (low poly) mesh and painted on it with normal map then went to render room and saw the voxel overlay lol. funny thing was I went to the sculpt room moved the (high poly )Voxel over and rendered both .

Yep, that is how it works. Voxels show up in the paint room for Vertex Painting (polypainting). They are switched to polygons / surface mode .

You would still desire the surface mode object to show up for rendering.

Only hiding the voxel / surface mesh when painting a baked object in the paint room. You stiill have to hide the voxel / surface mesh then in the sculpt room when rendering your baked object.

Depends upon what workflow you are using whether to use the View Menu way or just hide the voxel object using the vox tree tab.

I tend to use the view menu as a few times when I had a baked object, I hid the voxel model / models using the voxtree tab, then being in a hurry re-baked without unhiding them... no high sculpt to bake the details from... Ouch. LOL...

Edited by digman
  • Like 1