3DCoat Forums

First time sculpting in 3dcoat, need some help

JanvierPichon

Go to solution Solved by Tony Nemo,

Just purchased 3d coat via the steam winter sales, and I wanted to sculpt a bit in 3d coat, it feel relatively solid so far, but two things are bothering me a lot, and prevent me for enjoying it, so here are my noob questions :

1) Is it possible to keep the size of the brush at a constant size relative to the viewport, regardless of how much zoomed in or out you are on your model? 

So far, the brush seems locked in its size relative to the zoom, which is extremly counter intuitive (for me at least)

2) Is there an option to hide the center of the brush constantly, before touching the surface of your model?

Just to be clear, I'm ok with the outline circle of the brush, but anything inside (and in particular alphas...) are distracting, even if it disapear when you commit with the brush.

With the Brush tied to the zoom, it retains the same size relative to the object.

In the Edit>Preferences, untick "Show Brush Alpha Texture.

Thanks, I did find the show brush alphas few minutes after posting (but couldn't edit my message as it was  not showing up)

As for the brush tied to the zoom, it sure have its use, but not when you sculpt humans at least, in Zbrush I know you can desactivate it (and it's the first thing people have done when they made the error to make it the default behavior) So I'm curious if it's something you can change in 3dcoat. Having to change brush size after each zoom in/out, instead of directly zooming at the right amount (knowing the brush size will not change) are two radically different approach, and I can assure you, the second is far superior and more intuitive.