3DCoat Forums

Disappearing Geometry from Sculpt Room

Teriander

Go to solution Solved by AbnRanger,

Has anyone had any issues where the geometry disappears when selecting the Sculpt room?  My geometry looks fine in all the other tabs, but not in the sculpt room.  It is totally missing. I do have "Show Voxels in paint room" checked on when in the Paint Room.  Centering my camera also does not reveal my geometry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had any issues where the geometry disappears when selecting the Sculpt room?  My geometry looks fine in all the other tabs, but not in the sculpt room.  It is totally missing. I do have "Show Voxels in paint room" checked on when in the Paint Room.  Centering my camera also does not reveal my geometry.

I have a similar problem when importing into the Voxel/Sculpt room. Where after clicking 'apply' and selecting a sculpting tool, the model completely dissapears. I have watched the 3D Coat overview videos kindly supplied by AbnRanger, although informative in the way of which room is related to each other the video's do not give any insight into dissapearing models in the sculpt room or what is causing the dissapearance.

Any light onto this baffling nag would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Pat.

• Advanced Member

Just wondering if your geometry is a object that you picked/choose (a 3dcoat premade) at the splash screen >Paint (per-pixel) then from the paint room tried sculpt room.? or is it a obj.  imported in from another program?  also When in sculpt room  with the disappearing object go up to View > click on  show poly object in sculpt room   just wondering if that lets you see it is all.

Thank you all very much for your ideas and very useful tips but  after killing my pc last night with graphic driver updates, i.e DirectX and Open GL i believe the problem will be solved with the introduction of a shiny new graphics card with 'trigglagytes' of RAM on board.

Having only used the Retopo room for the last several month until realising 3D Coat was much 'MUCH' more than that did the problem present itself.

Soo, without further adoo.. I'm off down the shops to look at graphics cards :)

Thank you very much for your help.

Pat :)