3DCoat Forums

PBR Texture missing?

AlphaGrunt

Go to solution Solved by digman,

• Contributor

Are you applying the smart material on a voxel sphere?

If yes it works fine.

When applied on a retopo or mesh model bump will be shown , its uv resolution depended.

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

PolyPainting /  Vertex painting was designed to paint over your already high detail polygon surface sculpt without having the need of a uv set and then baking that paint information to the paint room. Plus you can export out the vertex color and render that in a renderer though you will need to export the high polygon version. Vertex paint requires a fairly high polygon count surface mode model to have a quality paint applied as it goes by the number of vertices you have in the model. It is not pixel resolution but only vertex.

It was not designed to add true polygon depth in the paint room. Polygon / Vertex painting does support AO baking plus the new curvature map baking as well.

The workflow process going from the sculpt room to to paint room in 3DC ----

Sculpt your model, add polypainting if desired.

Retopo the high detail model to create your low-polygon version to capture those high details when baking.

Create the UV set/sets

Bake to the paint room those high details,plus bake any polypainting into a uv set texture map at the same time.

Paint in the paint room using all available tools for depth (normal or displacement), color/albedo, gloss/roughness, metalness.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

Digman thank you! While I don't understand all of our information yet you pretty much nailed what I'm trying to do. 

I want to model/tweek a model in the sculpt room paint it, export and render it in a 3rd party renderer WITH all the painted information. Seems much more complicated than I was hoping but I guess I'll have to learn it one step at a time :}

Thank you