3DCoat Forums

Rush Job - "Faces deleted due to non-manifold in mesh"

Go to solution Solved by MattVG,

Hello,

I'm attempting to finish a rush job for a client, but am unable to retopologize the mesh due to "Faces deleted due to non-manifold in mesh." Then something about two faces overlapping. The message fades too quickly. It's a voxel sculpt I'm attempting to use autotopo on.

How do I fix this? I've got to get this job finished within the next couple of hours!

Thank you for your time,

Matt VG

• Advanced Member

1ST I would save what you have then you could try in sculpt room  VOX TREE  then where your mesh is under that   Right Click  brings up a long menu  up near the top  is  To Global Space   and /or To Uniform Space  im not sure what the difference is betwwen the two try clicking on one of them  .(  if it in red on the bottom  NON Uniform )  this will clear that up.  I am not 100% sure on this hope it helps.

• Like 1

Good tip Ballistic. :)

Also try converting whatever layer in the Voxtree you're trying to perform Auto retopology on to a voxel layer before running Auto retopology (this can be done by clicking on the S to convert to Voxels, or V to convert to Surfaces). If you need the polygons you can always convert back to surface mode.

• Like 1

Dang. Sorry Matt. Which build of 3DC are you using?

I know you're on a tight deadline, but if you can sqeeze it, zip up the file and send it to me via PM. I'll see what I can do to help.

• Like 1

I'm using 4.5.16. It's very odd because This is the second sculpt for this project I did today and the first turned out just fine. I'll PM you with a Dropbox link. I appreciate it.

• Solution

For posterity, what Javis did to fix the issue he explains thusly:

So I think I may have found the culprit, but I'm not entirely sure. I think it was the symmetry plane, which still isn't entirely set to world 0 across X, but what I did was turn off symmetry and ran it again, and it seems to have at least created the geometry. I didn't use any guides or paint density, just set the poly count to 20,000 polys and let it run.

Before that, I also converted to surfaces, ran some other commands that I thought might help. I ran clean surfaces, weld vertices, cleanup memory, then saved just in case, and finally ran close holes. Then turned off symmetry, and ran Autopo, and it worked! Here's a file with mesh in the retopo room also (in fact, two meshes). I hope this helps.

Note: I had previously attempted it with symmetry off and it didn't change the outcome for me.

• Like 2