3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ScrotieFlapWack

Issues Going From Surface To Voxel Mode

I keep getting this problem when I am working in Surface mode and then change my layer back to Voxel mode (and vice versa).

q4xnWcy.png

Parts of my model vanish. I'm not using any tools to make this happen and this is just sculpting, no work being done in the Retopo or UV room. I start with a cube and use the cut off tool then res up and just keep adding details. Then to add surface definition I change to Surface mode and start adding details on my model and then I change back to Voxel mode and this happens. 

The same thing happens if I go from Voxel to Surface mode too. I don't know if it is because I am increasing my resolution to a really high level or whether its a bug or known issue. 3D - Coat doesn't crash when this happens I can continue to sculpt and performance is smooth.

Edited by ScrotieFlapWack

I think it might be related to this bug with the drag stamp or the regular stamp spline from the e-panel. I noticed in your image that the drag stamp tool is selected.

I can use the voxel extrude brush with either of the above splines then click undo and the mesh gets corrupted. 

I have mentioned this in the beta thread but that can be overlooked. Will post a bug report soon.

The bug is still preset in beta version 4.5.27 

post-518-0-78802800-1453074200_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ahh it is a bug. That's ok, I can wait for it to be fixed. I guess as a work around I can try and stay away from the stamp tool. I have no idea how to report bugs but if you are having the same issue I can wait :D