3DCoat Forums

I think my model is too big....

Justifun

Go to solution Solved by Michaelgdrs,

When i started modelling my character based of my reference images, i didnt stop to think how large in the 3d coat viewport the object i was making is.  Right now its at 20 702 230 triangles. which seems really huge considering its not that detailed.  So i'm guessing i should shrink it down so that its occupying less voxel space.  

I tried parenting everything to a master voxtree layer and using the "Decrease Object 2X" feature but that didnt seem to do anything.

Using the transform tool seems to work, but when i scale it smaller, the triangle count doesnt change.

Perhaps im just missunderstanding how 3d coat works with triangle counts etc.

I notice when i scale him that the numbers in the brackets next to the name of each vox layer change as well.  (Some say 1x, some say 0.2x, and some say 6x).  what do they mean?

as a side note: what is a good maximum triangle count for an sculpting project to stay under?

thanks!

• Like 1

• Contributor
  • Solution

It all depends on your hardware , mostly system Ram and Gpu Ram.

You can press space --> resample and do a couple of tests to find the best settings for your model.

It will bring down the visible triangles but also get some of the sculpt details.