3DCoat Forums

[Solved] No colour works, only white ?

pandalad

• Reputable Contributor

A full picture of your 3DC interface here really helps... Please post one, so we can see your settings and layers panel. You can make a video as well if possible.

The 5 key is smooth shade, default for painting.

What color are you selecting in the color palette.

Is there an "X" over the green paint icon, Top part of interface.

What layer are you painting on in the paint room. Do not paint or do any work Layer "0"

Sorry for all the questions but without detail information, I am having to quess..

• 1 year later...

That question has already been answered in other topics. It is the disabled secondary color icon, shown with a cross on it. You need to enable both primary and sec. color to paint. But it is strange indeed for a feature, it is rather  a bug.

6 hours ago, organnah said:

That question has already been answered in other topics. It is the disabled secondary color icon, shown with a cross on it. You need to enable both primary and sec. color to paint. But it is strange indeed for a feature, it is rather  a bug.

Hi maybe add a link to the topic so if someone else has the Problem he/she can quickly find his way around. The forum is a big place. ^^

Greetings

• 1 year later...

I solved this problem in very simple way. I just clicked many times in color picker icon in diferent random places (like in Hidden Object game) until the moment when cross dissapeared from it. Then color picker began to look like an active - not transparent. And I was able to draw again with color!

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] No colour works, only white ?
  • 9 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi guys !

Just wanted to add a quick answer cause even on last build (4.8.40) this issue is there, to reproduce simply right click on the color picker : it disable color painting. Okay so seems this bug was known (I've searched a little before posting here of course), the little tip I wanted to add was that I couldn't right click using my mouse (it didn't work, not it wasn't recognized but not detected as an input when I tried to right click over color picker, navigation and everything else was fine. I personnally solved it by using my wacom stylus's right click, and then my mouse was able to right click again. I guess there's a reason for this button but maybe some rework on its UI/UX could help avoiding unwanted behaviors =)

Here is a quick gif showing the fix :

Fix-WhitepaintingIssue.gif

That said, 3DCoat is still one of my top 3 beloved softwares ( with Akeytsu and Toolbag =P). So keep doing great stuff guys, I (we) love you !