3DCoat Forums

Need some help regarding PBR workflow

Peter_poly

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Hi Guy's,

I am used to work with substance designer to send my substance to unity game engine so i can adjust my material with sliders, so my question is does 3d coat smart materials are similar or do i have to export my PBR painting from 3d coat to substance designer to get the the same result?

Thank for shedding any info on the process.

Regards Peter

No substance type of material export like in Substance Designer from 3DC. You will need to export your 3DC maps to Substance Designer...

Hi Digman,

Thank for clarifying the matter and that what i thought initially, i am so tired of having to use so many app to do a single thing, i would pay 1000 $ for a software that would do everything correctly.

Regards Peter

Im right there with you Peter, One of the reasons I bought 3d coat. I'm sure some kind of substance export would be possible. It would be nice because substance is integrated into most 3d packages and game engines. I wonder if there would be some kind of liability.

• Reputable Contributor

Hi Digman,

Thank for clarifying the matter and that what i thought initially, i am so tired of having to use so many app to do a single thing, i would pay 1000 $ for a software that would do everything correctly.

Regards Peter

The PBR tech is much the same. 3D Coat is physically rendering in the viewport, With the 3D Coat to Unity Plugin, you don't need to export any maps. Just save your 3D Coat file in the Unity Asset folder, and it works in Unity without any real fuss.

• Contributor

Okay, i have a greenhorn question for the forum. I created a folder in "Smart materials" that I wished to populate with MB Metals. In File menu I selected "Install Extension" and was disappointed to discover that it did't appear in the menu, let alone my forlorn and empty new folder (named of course, MB Metals). I know it's Valentines day but if anyone can tear themselves away from dalliance, a hint at where my procedural deficiencies let me down would be hugely appreciated.

Okay, so it did appear in the Tab as "MB Metals", the same name as the one I created but populated with the shaders I wanted. I hope this will serve to enlighten those who come after me. :blush:

Edited by Tony Nemo