3DCoat Forums

Overlays On Texture Editor?

Username

Go to solution Solved by AbnRanger,

So I watched this video on how to make csgo skins using 3d coat.  "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sALxiTOeih0"

I noticed the artist going back and forth between 3dcoat and photoshop in order to add an image overlay onto the weapon.  I'm wondering is it possible to skip photoshop and add image overlays directly to the texture editor in 3dcoat, or maybe even directly onto the 3d object in 3dcoat.  (The goal being to wrap a 2d image around the 3d object).  

Do you guys have any links to any decent guides on how to use 3dcoat to make csgo weapon skins?

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

I would definitely use Smart Materials in 3D Coat to paint it directly onto the model in the 3D viewport or 2D Texture Editor. I suppose he was just more comfortable doing that in PS, which is no big problem. I always try to think of 3D Coat and PS as extensions of one another. One will have tools/features the other doesn't offer and vice versa. It's best to just leverage each other's strengths and have both open while texture painting. I typically can do everything in 3D Coat, though.

These two videos might help: