3DCoat Forums

Weird Painting Down Center Line of Mesh

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Howdy!

So a few weeks back I painted on a head model of mine, and it was working just fine. Although, the paint didn't quite come out the way I wanted it, so I planned on repainting it. 

Today I opened up the exact same model and started to paint on it and realized it was painting weird down the middle seam line of the model. It gets really pixely. 

Since this model worked fine weeks ago, but is having this issue today, I feel like I might've pressed or accidentally hit a hot key or something to set this off. Is there a fix to this?

Here's what I've tried to far: 

- Reset XForm on Model (3Ds Max)

- Apply a Normal modifier to model (3Ds Max)

- Exported both as an FBX and an OBJ

- Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3D Coat

- Tried painting on a high resolution (4096x4096) texture to make sure it wasn't a resolution problem

Any help would be much appreciated!

post-40141-0-22410200-1454961657_thumb.j

post-40141-0-97808800-1454961657_thumb.j

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

If you have mirror uv islands this was at least partially resolved from 4.5.25 [beta]

" The problem of painting over mirrored islands at least partially resolved. Now there is option in preferences "Prevent double painting over stacked UV islands". See description there. 90% of cases require this option to be turned off".

You can try to enabling symmetry when painting over mirrored uv islands in your present version of 3DC.

The new preference setting is in the brushing section of the preferences panel in beta 4.5.25 and up,

Edited by digman