3DCoat Forums

v2legacy

jaikez

Go to solution Solved by digman,

v2 legacy materials are not showing in the paint room and i loaded the extension properly i tried to load this more then a few times and there are other materials not showing up in the paint room , what gives . I am not a rich person to buy this software to have it  not work correcty does not bring me joy .  Everything should install correctly . i have better things to do with my life then to track down why some buggy software is not installing all the content . 

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

Those materials are not compatible in their current form with the new 4.5 PBR smart material system.  They will not installed correctly as an extension. 

Up to version 4.1, you could install these materials.

Sorry, yes there needs to be a disclaimer at the site mentioning that these do not work for the 4.5 versions of 3DC in their current extension package.

Hopefully trying to install this extension did not mess up your current install. You might want to uninstall and re-install if you find any problems.

Edited by digman

All i can say digman thank you very very much for clearing this matter up for me as i was getting very upset about this issue . ha ha ha . but thanks to you i am good now. It's folks like you sir that make 3d forums a great help to us newbies who are trying ever so hard to learn 3d software programs and have issues like this to deal with . 

Thanks

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Welcome to the forums and now you can go off and learn this very good and powerful piece of 3D software.

By the way I did send a pm to a webmaster about what happened and informing him there is no disclaimer about these materials on the resource page and if it could be corrected to prevent future frustrations by new users like yourself...

Edited by digman
  • Like 1