3DCoat Forums

How do I get rid of a mask I painted during AUTOPO?

Spinland

Go to solution Solved by ajz3d,

I was experimenting with AUTOPO on a model, and now I want to start manual retopo. Problem is, even after I deleted the old mesh layer, I can't get rid of the higher density areas I painted during the experiments and 3DC won't seem to let me draw stroke meshes in those masked areas. Do I need to go back and search for a version of the model from before the AUTOPO tests or is there a way to regain the original, unmasked model?

Here is an example of what I see when I load the model and delete the retopo mesh layer. I can't seem to be able to get rid of these painted areas. I tried going into the paint room and painting with the erase tool, no effect.

post-26986-0-87302900-1456312107_thumb.p

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Spinland
  • Like 1

Okay, maybe it was just a glitch in 3DC. I just closed and re-opened the app, re-loaded the model, and then started AUTOPO again on it. At the density mask stage instead of adding masks I bulk erased the existing one and re-saved and now it's gone.