3DCoat Forums

3DC 4.5: painting through a photo mask?

Spinland

Watching the Liberty 3D video tutorial series on painting through a photo mask to apply the image to a model's surface. Problem is, I cannot find the mask or materials menus that he is using. Here's a screenshot of his interface:

post-26986-0-03508400-1456621669_thumb.p

Is this feature no longer supported? Did the names change or this functionality get moved somewhere else since 4.0 when these videos were made? I looked through the documentation and the YouTube channel, and searched, and cannot find any mention.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Spinland

Okay. I puzzled it out, sorry to bug you here. It seems the smart materials stuff is now how to do the through-image painting, you just have to figure out various settings and create a custom material to recreate the old functionality.

I get this app is a moving target and evolving too rapidly for the video educational materials I've purchased to keep up. It's worth the effort to puzzle out the changes.

• Reputable Contributor

Welcome to Andrew's development style... moving at the speed of light--------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and sometimes just a little slower.... :moil:

I think this is the longest we have gone without an update to the betas in a while. Jan 18th was the last one.

AbnRanger, poor guy can barely stay up making the videos....

Edited by digman