3DCoat Forums

NinjaTaco's VS Sketches

NinjaTaco

• Advanced Member

I figured it'd be better to have a thread for the sketches than to make a new thread every few days or so.

So I made a hand. I guess you can say I'm still trying to grasp VS. (ok I'm sorry)

When making the fingers I had problems because the fingers are so close than when I smooth them out, they would begin to merge. I put some wrinkles in using vox pinch. Maybe there is a better way to do this? I worked on this hand for about 40 minutes. VS is fun stuff.

post-1142-1227747995_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1227748005_thumb.jpg

Pretty good start. I think the crease that is closest to the thumb should be more curved around. Like a quarter-circle. For example on my hand, that crease starts between the thumb and index finger, then ends in the middle of my wrist. One great thing about hand modeling is that most of us have to reference models available 24-7. :P

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I usually don't like posting work that is raw. But my trial ran out so I figured why not. :D

I was trying to make a dynamic pose with the first two sculpts. Then some cartoon heads. Guitar pose, a very dynamic pose, very recognizable even without guitar. It was made with hemisphere curves. An updated version of the pilot head. An Elf ear. An old Bird that I meant to have shoes and and collar and maybe a jacket and suspenders, and of course a walker. but was having trouble sculpting in details on the low res and I couldn't figure out a good workaround to raising the resolution yet keeping the mesh sculpt able... Hope you like it.

post-1142-1230636325_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636338_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636380_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636392_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636400_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636435_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636489_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636502_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636513_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636554_thumb.jpg

post-1142-1230636574_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the kind comments.

Also I didn't realize I could keep working inside 3dc and still save. But I guess if I ever want to get them out for animation. I'll have to get a license soon, must support production of good software. ;) I must admit I'm getting more done creatively in 3dc than I ever did with zb.

• 5 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Nice stuff here!

I did have crashes with version 4.1 too on the PC I use at work. But not when opening old files.

The weird thing is that I have absolutely no problem with 4.1 at home. :blink:

In my case, it's probably due the machine specs, I guess.

Keep on the good work.