3DCoat Forums

Grixdale's Sketchbook

grixdale

I bought 3D coat back in 2011 and mostly used it for UVing. It's been quite a few years since I've messed around with texturing inside of it. I have been trying to find something that really jives with my work style. I tried quixel and I tried substance. On a fluke this weekend I decided to give 3dcoat another look and updated first time in a year or so. I had so much fun! I didn't know about the PBR stuff and oh my god, what a blast. I wish I could have gotten some nice renders from the render room instead of taking it to zbrush, but the render room kept crashing and throwing up warnings about my card. Which is weird, I have nvidia gtx 980s.

752c1816d1e47f76a4320e8163269331.png

Liz <3 

• Like 4

• Contributor

Neat bat! It would fit well as a weapon for those punks from Bullfrog's Syndicate Wars. Good work with the textures, Liz. How much resolution do they have?

---

PS. When I hear goodnight I simply can't help myself not to recall one particular conversation from The Man with the Golden Gun: :D

M: [over the phone] Bond? Bond, are you there? Goodnight?

[bond picks up phone] James Bond: She's just coming, sir.

[bond sets phone back down]

M: Goodnight? Goodnight? Goodnight!

[bond pick up phone again]

James Bond: Good night, sir.

[bond hangs up phone]

Neat bat! It would fit well as a weapon for those punks from Bullfrog's Syndicate Wars. Good work with the textures, Liz. How much resolution do they have?

---

PS. When I hear goodnight I simply can't help myself not to recall one particular conversation from The Man with the Golden Gun: :D

Sorry just saw this, I saved them at 2048x2048, but ill size them down to 1024x1024

• Like 1

I thought the texture was 4096px, it's so nicely sharp. Good job. :)

Thank you! I actually have to work at 1024 for stuff I make so it's what I'm used to. I try to avoid doing anything super detailed with a lot of little pixels to avoid blur. I really appreciate the compliment! Going to tweak the base of the bat tonight to get rid of some of the mirroring. Over all, quite a blast texturing with 3d-coat. I think it's my favorite software next to zbrush.

-Liz

• Like 1