3DCoat Forums

Placing an object on a surface.

Kargall

• Advanced Member

I actually noticed this a few days ago too. It didn't occur to me that it might be some sort of bug or unknown new issue, I figured I had done something odd with the settings, but nothing seemed to work.

So, err.. yeah, I can't help, but you're certainly not alone.

• Contributor

I am experiencing similar issues if imported file holds more than one object. This also applies to mesh imported directly from sculpt room and I believe I first noticed this in the latest beta version.

• Advanced Member

I am experiencing similar issues if imported file holds more than one object. This also applies to mesh imported directly from sculpt room and I believe I first noticed this in the latest beta version.

Aha. My problem model had positive and negative meshes.

• Advanced Member

Well we've got multiple reports of this happening, it has happened to me too. Not using a beta version though, I use the latest stable through steam only.

I can't confirm whether my mesh was centred, all I remember is the meshes being severely offset when trying to place on pen, and nothing I could do would fix it. I swiftly gave up.

Opening a new scene and just dropping a box in to test it out seems to work fine. So it looks like this issue is caused by something in the pipeline, rather than being 100% broken from the start.