3DCoat Forums

Problem Importing from Modo

BSECaleb

Has anyone else run into the issue that I'm having in my screenshot? I'm having this issue when exporting fbx from Modo. I've tried it in 3 versions of Modo, on both PC and Mac. It seems that the tangets are correct on the first mesh wrong on all the rest. I don't have issues viewing the fbx anywhere else. This problem only happens in 3d coat. I've got Lock Normals selected. I set my normals in modo so I don't want 3d Coat to recalculate. All UVs are in the 0-1 uv space and I have no overlaps. Help?

post-40332-0-48045000-1459989029_thumb.j

• Advanced Member

Oooh, that is proper busted.

When I get things like this in 3ds max, it's always some super odd normal issue, it has to be a bug of some kind but thankfully it doesn't happen enough to worry me. That said, 3ds max has a "trick" whereby you create a standard box, convert it to edit mesh and then attach it to your "broken" mesh. You might think doing something like a reset X form or snapshot would reset/fix the normals... but that's never the case when it's this bad, whereas the box trick works 100% of the time.

But, I don't know if modo has something similar. I mean yes you could make a box and attach it to your mesh, but it might not work the same as in 3ds max. I know it doesn't work in Maya, so who knows.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...