3DCoat Forums

Show retopo in sculpt room.

Gary Dave

Go to solution Solved by Michaelgdrs,

• Advanced Member

Super nooby post I know, but I remember reading somewhere on the forums that it was possible to show the retopo mesh in the sculpt room, but the post did not say how, and I can't for the life of me find an option. There is a "Show poly objects in sculpt room" but enabling that doesn't change anything.

I need to move some bits of my sculpt forward a little, but I need to use the retopo mesh as the reference for how much I move them forward. I hope the solution isn't to export my retopo and them import it into the sculpt room, there must be a simple way to do what I'm trying?

Off topic note: The menus in 3dc are a mess! I was trying for about 20 minutes to work out where the "Cast Shadows" option was, scanning the "View" menu like a hawk, only to find it at the bottom of the "Geometry" menu!? Why is it hidden there!?

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I was just checking to see if this feature worked without any extra steps and indeed it does....at least with the Pose tool active and CONFORM RETOPO MESH checked. You can see the retopo mesh over the top of your voxel objects. I didn't check with the MOVE or TRANSFORM tool, but if you just have a brush or other tool selected, you probably won't see anything. That's how it should be. It (conform mesh) only works with those 3 tools

• Like 1