3DCoat Forums

How do I merge/combine multiple 3D-Coat files for use in the render room?

Sketchup

I have about 10 fully textured 3D-Coat files which are separate parts of one big model.  I want to combine them all so that I can get a nice render in the render room.  Is this possible?  The "import 3B file" option doesn't seem to be capable of this task.  

• Contributor

You can always export as obj and import the first one import for  ppp paint and the rest hit import to just add them in the scene.

Materials (as textures now ) will follow too.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Advanced Member

Hey Michaelgdrs , a added ? (part2)  to Sketchup ?  That gets all your parts/objects in but to move them around where you want  . I use the Tweak Room now using the select/transform tool to Paint select a area ( I wish you could just select each object as a whole with 1 click ) . Just wondering what is the best way . As of now I bake material in 3dc then I export the object into Blender  bring in all the separate parts  set up / put all the parts together into a scene then join all objects as 1 and reimport to 3dc ppp> render.   As always thank you for your time.  

BT, the easiest way is to move them is to put them in the tweak room and hide the non-relevant layers so you don't move them on accident.  

The problem I'm having is that textures don't follow when I import the models.  And trying to import the textures afterwards... well.... bad things happen.  Maybe Journeyman can explain the proper way to import.  Could it be because I'm importing FBXs and not OBJs?  

• 1 month later...