3DCoat Forums

back ground image

gregore

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

when I bring a back ground image into the view some how the program is reverting to  all tool creating a paint  rather than sculpting , how do i fix this? 

also when i first start it up and bring a box into the view if i click on a tool the box disappears ? 

i am starting to get really frustrated with this program as every time i open it there is a new quirk to solve that usually takes an hour or 2 to solve 

is there some way to un install 3d coat and reinstall as i seem to have so many problems with it and this seems like the best option until some one make a reset button 

I un installed the program reinstalled and i still have the quirk of when I load a square when opening and click on a tool the object disappears 

what is up with this 

and i should mention my back ground screen instead of being a darkish grey brown is a drive way scene ?????

Edited by gregore

• Contributor

What room are you in? "When I load a square" suggests a primitive, is this so? If so, you must hit the Enter key or the Apply button in the tool options panel. If you switch to a different tool without this, your "square" will disappear.

• Reputable Contributor

On the 3D Coat Youtube Channel, look under the banner for a SEARCH icon. Click on that and type in "Reference Image" or any other subject you might want to learn more about. I would just give you the direct link, but showing how to find exactly what you want is better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkj0Q5hTgsyROJU4dlNu0Mg

Open program /choose voxel sculpting / pick square form, press enter  ( program is in sculpt mode)  click on camera / background / reference image for Z , choose my image . now all tools make paint on image not sculpting as they used to when i did this . 

i have done this in the past and it worked fine , why has it changed ?