3DCoat Forums

GEDs sketches

GED

• Advanced Member

just tried alpha53 wooohooo for primitives!(they are just like I imagined in my request a while back :) ) I think one thing they could benifit from is a snap to axis key like the way zbrush lets you snap the model to front view top view etc by holding shift down when rotating.

heres a 10min primitive doodle

3dcprimitive.jpg

• Contributor

Winnie rocks!!

the little sci-fi details really gives a squaresoft touch to the character.

You make me want to enter...

I wanted to do gizmoduck with a sheild and a knight lance...

but somebody already picked it. <_<

I feel less motivated even if I know people do same character....

I can't wait to see how you're gonna texture him with 3dCoat.

Anyway, good luck! ;)

• Contributor

Winnie's looking good GED.Yes he's still cute, maybe not quite as cuddly, but I know that's not what your going for.Good luck with the contest.

I've been thinking about the snap to axis as well.Hexagon uses this same type of feature.If you don't request it or haven't yet I will put it in the feature request section.

• Advanced Member
oh, this is awesome! Love the game model and the fact that it is coming from voxels :)

yeah 3d coat is cool, I did all the lowpoly model in 3D coat too so all I used other apps for is the hard surface objects like those gloves and bullet proof vest and the texture baking in xnormal

• Advanced Member

thanks guys, hmm I dont usually make tutorials but that would be cool.

started on ryu in 3D coat, I plan on doing his whole upper body in the hadouken pose

ryu1.jpg

didnt have the time for this and this sketch is baad haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks Digital777

Testing out Quadrangulation before the Dominance War IV competition starts. I might make my basemesh in 3D coat using quadrangulation then sculpt up to high detail in other apps.

oh and to reply to the earlier posts, my pooh bear didnt place in the top competitors at all :P oh well.

3dc_headsculpt1.jpg

quadwires.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi there I managed to just finish dominance war on time, thanks must also go to 3dcoat cause it allowed me to make a pedestal for my character to stand on in about 4 hours which was much quicker than I had estimated.

The character is made in silo and zbrush and then retopologised in 3dcoat, the pedestal is all 3dcoat highpoly thats been baked to lowpoly textures in xnormal

presentation_shot.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Contributor
a 3dcoat doodle based on the old 80 s/90 s cartoon bravestarr

thanks tree yeah that character in my last post was my entry to the dominance war competition

bravestarr1.jpg

you gotta model 30-30 as well :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
you gotta model 30-30 as well :yahoo:

lol yeah that would be fun, pity that bravestarr sculpt was so bad, now that I look at it theres just no definition he looks way too smooth and boring. heres a fun sculpt I did today trying out the latest version of v3demo. Gonna buy 3dc soon if I can afford it.

oh and to reply to those old posts yes that robot alien cyborg was for dominance war IV, Im currently working on a comicon contest entry as well as a game mod but Im not using 3d coat for any of that stuff yet.

wierdhead2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

thanks chris!

well today I bought 3Dcoat 3 woohoo I finally own it :D thanks andrew and pilgway! love the retopo and voxel sculpting, tried some perpixel painting and got some good results too so Im happy.

Im busy working on the textureing for the pedestal on this girl from the xmen : http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthr...0238&page=2

cheers for now

• Advanced Member

thanks alot oliver

My first time properly trying out the texture painting tools in 3Dcoat, painted the whole pedestal(everything other than the character) in about 3 hours purely in 3Dcoat was great fun and I added some nice normal map details in there while painting.

blink_low8.jpg

thanks alot oliver

My first time properly trying out the texture painting tools in 3Dcoat, painted the whole pedestal(everything other than the character) in about 3 hours purely in 3Dcoat was great fun and I added some nice normal map details in there while painting.

blink_low8.jpg

Very nice,

how can you decribe the workflow, are you pleased with the texture painting in 3DC?