3DCoat Forums
GED

GEDs sketches

*hint: turn the symmetry off AFTER the quadrangulation :)

ah thanks jokermax! I tried using this quadrangulated model for sculpting and it was really fast and easy, great way to make a complicated basemesh I reckon.

can anyone tell me how to bake a normal map from that voxel sculpted head to that quadrangulated polygon mesh? I know how to make uvs in retopo but cant seem to get the texture bake to do anything at all.

thought I might enter the kingdom hearts challenge on gameartisans, still gotta make his battle armour.

3D coat voxel sculpt

post-1189-1232296875_thumb.jpg

thought I might enter the kingdom hearts challenge on gameartisans, still gotta make his battle armour.

3D coat voxel sculpt

That's cute.My wife really likes winnie. :)

just tried alpha53 wooohooo for primitives!(they are just like I imagined in my request a while back :) ) I think one thing they could benifit from is a snap to axis key like the way zbrush lets you snap the model to front view top view etc by holding shift down when rotating.

heres a 10min primitive doodle

3dcprimitive.jpg

Winnie rocks!!

the little sci-fi details really gives a squaresoft touch to the character.

You make me want to enter...

I wanted to do gizmoduck with a sheild and a knight lance...

but somebody already picked it. <_<

I feel less motivated even if I know people do same character....

I can't wait to see how you're gonna texture him with 3dCoat.

Anyway, good luck! ;)

Winnie's looking good GED.Yes he's still cute, maybe not quite as cuddly, but I know that's not what your going for.Good luck with the contest.

I've been thinking about the snap to axis as well.Hexagon uses this same type of feature.If you don't request it or haven't yet I will put it in the feature request section.

I retopod my pooh sculpt today in 3D coat only took a few hours but hes still quite lowpoly when the limit is 3000 tris

pooh_lowpoly.jpg

final submission to the GameArtisans.org Kingdom Hearts challenge

its snowing here now, its beautiful!

poohbear_final2.jpg

• Like 1

oh, this is awesome! Love the game model and the fact that it is coming from voxels :)

yeah 3d coat is cool, I did all the lowpoly model in 3D coat too so all I used other apps for is the hard surface objects like those gloves and bullet proof vest and the texture baking in xnormal

great job Ged! I wish you luck in the challenge. A full tutorial on this beautiful model would be awesome to have as part of 3d coat tutorials

thanks guys, hmm I dont usually make tutorials but that would be cool.

started on ryu in 3D coat, I plan on doing his whole upper body in the hadouken pose

ryu1.jpg

didnt have the time for this and this sketch is baad haha

just a quick one to test out cloth and the tools, Im getting quite a few shader problems with v61 that I havent had before :P

post-1189-1235686774_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Digital777

Testing out Quadrangulation before the Dominance War IV competition starts. I might make my basemesh in 3D coat using quadrangulation then sculpt up to high detail in other apps.

oh and to reply to the earlier posts, my pooh bear didnt place in the top competitors at all :P oh well.

3dc_headsculpt1.jpg

quadwires.jpg