3DCoat Forums
GED

GEDs sketches

it looks nice textured!

just one thing, if im watching your realtime rendering, you would have 9 verts to make forehead a bit more round, it looks amazing flate. if you doing this ~ 2500 verts character, its maybe better if you dont do so many verts for the eyes, ears and toe´s, display this via textures and normalmap. you could use it for the top of the head and the back head and the wear. the arm itself looks swelled and the feets needs also a bit more work, maybe you make them a bit more natural. the texture looks good to me. there is only one thing (not a big thing), if you watch the hair beginning, maybe use a smaller brush to paint the hair beginning in.

but in overall it looks like a clean work! the style isnt that what i like, but your work looks clean.

thanks michalis I posted it on 2 other forums and no one really said anything so I wasnt sure if its just too boring or just not good work.

Thanks guys :) Im so burnt out with work at the moment it might be a little while before I can do anything new

I admire you're talent. When you can knock off one of these sculpts during you're lunch break then that is some quick work......I get half an hour for mine!

I admire you're talent. When you can knock off one of these sculpts during you're lunch break then that is some quick work......I get half an hour for mine!

hey thanks, I dont usually get time to do sculpts at work Ive only got 3dcoat at home now days so any personal artwork I do is usually done between 10pm and 1am which is very tiring lately. I am currently working on a syndicate(the old game) inspired environment its going ok Ill show it here when theres more to see.

Im busy working on this guy for the comicon contest, using 3dcoat to make the basemesh with autoretopo. Ive come across a problem though, I want to make one arm out of voxels and then duplicate it and flip it to make the other arm and then merge it all with the body, will this work? and if it does will symetry still work?

cablehead1.jpg

Im busy working on this guy for the comicon contest, using 3dcoat to make the basemesh with autoretopo. Ive come across a problem though, I want to make one arm out of voxels and then duplicate it and flip it to make the other arm and then merge it all with the body, will this work? and if it does will symetry still work?

cablehead1.jpg

It will work good. :)

Use "Clone with symmetry" to duplicate in sym and use "move to" command to merge whatever layer you need when you are ready.

Merged layer will inherit target layer space density tough,so always merge from the lowest to the highest.

It will also inherit target space density symmetry plane orientation so if its wrong and you want restore it use "to global space" command.

Cool start up on the face btw :good: , which comic character is it?

Young Cable I say, looks like him anyway.

Clark Gable had an affable expression (enhanced by the way he trimmed his mustache and laugh wrinkles) as his default expression. This guy tends toward a Kirk Douglas sullen. :drinks:

Clark Gable had an affable expression (enhanced by the way he trimmed his mustache and laugh wrinkles) as his default expression. This guy tends toward a Kirk Douglas sullen. :drinks:

???

4722_1.jpg

lol yeah its young cable thanks guys haha, Im working on the body proportions still but havent got much time, quarter to 12pm here and Ive only just got round to making some dinner!

Awesome work you have here.

I'll keep coming back to check what new stuff you've got.

-G