3DCoat Forums

Airship

Awiz

Hi !   :)    

To Gary Dave:

Thanks !

For grids  -   I  used  a sphere tool  (in voxel mode)  with a curve  stroke  -  it automatically repeats the form of the surface

post-40442-0-87793700-1463559200_thumb.j

For a frames  -  I  use  vox layers.

• Like 3

• Advanced Member

that mesh/netting looks great how you get it so thin and spaced right is that free handed? what brush radius did u use 4.50 .   just me but the 2 stacks could be bigger /wider like queen mary big . also how many triangles when doing net  looks to be at 350,000 . Looks great so far.  also  how it repeats the form 

Edited by Ballistic_Tension

Hi  all !!   :)

Thanks to everyone who is looking for my work :)

about the net  --   summary contains  ~7.600.000 triangles

post-40442-0-16401200-1463935981_thumb.j

when I did the network - I have used voxel layer with a high density [8x] or [16x]  and sphere  brush  with a small radius (I select approximately - doing a few tries   :) )  -  I paint in several stages - and combined in a single layer --  at the end I use resempler - and reduce the number of triangles to a reasonable level for me.

for drawing smoothly and in regular intervals, I'm doing extra geometry in a ghostly layer

post-40442-0-46539300-1463937398_thumb.j

and the surface shape is repeated automatically -  if used  a curve  stroke -  I showed  example  earlier   :)

about  stacks  -  Queen Mary is more modern example of what I use ( it seems to me) -  for references  I look  fotos a steamships at the end of the 19th century or beginning of 20 century  -  like  this 

http://heiup.uni-heidelberg.de/journals/index.php/transcultural/article/viewFile/9363/3245/10355

or  this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3m09K3n43Uk/U_eEXThrn4I/AAAAAAAAEEA/Nlv1nP1PvvI/s1600/Gondolier%2BDrawing%2B1.JPG

or this

https://thedisorderofthings.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/steamship_islander_leaving_vancouver_british_columbia_for_skagway_bay_crop.jpg

I think it is more suitable for steampunk ( it seems to me)

-

P.s.   I  use  Google translate  :)

Edited by Awiz

Hi  all !! :)

I was a little busy - so this is a small update :)

st_100.jpg

ropes to the ground (to anchors) are not done yet - on the picture they are just for illustration purposes

• Like 2